[AGG] R.I.P. Maxim Shemanarev
Wojciech Mamrak
2013-11-29 11:12:38 UTC
Hello all,

I have been informed by an anonymous user of Russian Software
Developer Network forum (thank you mate, whoever you are) that Maxim
Shemanarev, author of AGG library, has died on 26th of November 2013.
See below links for more information.
I thought it would be good to honor the memory of Maxim in some way,
e.g. on agg's sourceforge website. Also, it would be a shame if his
website disappeared, we owe him that, but I am not sure whether we can
do anything more than a copy of it.

Requiescat in pace, Maxim!

russian:
http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat

english:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat
Jim Barry
2013-11-29 12:15:13 UTC
Hi Wojciech,

Thank you for letting us know the sad news. I will certainly be raising a
glass in memory of Maxim this evening.

I will see about putting something on the sourceforge site. If anyone has
suggestions for wording then please let me know.

Fortunately, antigrain.com is already archived at the Wayback Machine (
http://web.archive.org/web/*/antigrain.com) so at least we will still have
that.

Regards
Pete Bannister
Marlon Mircevski
2013-11-29 12:14:35 UTC
...Maxim!

This man, one in a million, changed my life.
Thank you Maxim, rest in peace.
Nick Prudent (Valerian)
2013-11-29 12:37:44 UTC
This is awful news. What happened?

All my condolences to his family. Hard to believe one man did all this work. He will be missed.
--
Nick
www.lessonator.com (http://www.lessonator.com)
Shriramana Sharma
2013-11-29 12:59:18 UTC
Post by Marlon Mircevski
This man, one in a million, changed my life.
Thank you Maxim, rest in peace.
Oh! I'm shocked to hear this. Is the news mentioned anywhere else
online or did you personally know him to hear of it?

Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்�
Lorne Laliberte
2013-11-29 19:33:30 UTC
That really is sad news. AGG is a marvel, I learned so much from his code,
what a great gift he gave us all.

I built the graphics engine for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 based upon AGG, and the
performance never ceased to amaze me.

My deepest condolences for his family. I hope they know how much his work
was appreciated by all of us.

Lorne Laliberte
Indigo Rose Software / Andromo.com
Post by Shriramana Sharma
Post by Marlon Mircevski
This man, one in a million, changed my life.
Thank you Maxim, rest in peace.
Oh! I'm shocked to hear this. Is the news mentioned anywhere else
online or did you personally know him to hear of it?
--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மட à€¶à¥à€°à¥€à€°à€®à€£à€¶à€°à¥à€®à€Ÿ
Nicolas Rougier
2013-11-29 21:20:10 UTC
Very sad news. I’ve discover Maxim through his wonderful agg library some years ago and I’ve been
really amazed at this time by his work. In fact, I’m still amazed. The care he took on every
details to achieve flawless rendering. Agg was also the very first C++ library (among the many
ones out there) that was cleanly written with strong design principles. I still use it as a
reference in my teaching.

Rest in peace Maxim, you’ll be missed.

Nicolas Rougier
Matteo Muratori
2013-11-29 23:54:59 UTC
Goodbye Maxim, your work has always been an incentive to do our best.

Matteo Muratori - AmanithVG team.
.
Milan Marusinec
2013-11-29 22:51:39 UTC
I'm shocked by this news. They say on the russian page, it was an
epileptic attack.

Dear Maxim, if you hear this in heaven, rest in peace and let your soul
live forever.

I ported whole AGG from C++ to Object Pascal (aggpas.org), so I know
really very greatly how wonderfull his work is.

Milan
Post by Wojciech Mamrak
Hello all,
I have been informed by an anonymous user of Russian Software
Developer Network forum (thank you mate, whoever you are) that Maxim
Shemanarev, author of AGG library, has died on 26th of November 2013.
See below links for more information.
I thought it would be good to honor the memory of Maxim in some way,
e.g. on agg's sourceforge website. Also, it would be a shame if his
website disappeared, we owe him that, but I am not sure whether we can
do anything more than a copy of it.
Requiescat in pace, Maxim!
http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat
Java,.NET,& PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
Jim Crafton
2013-11-29 23:17:27 UTC
Yeah, I'm pretty surprised too, I met him 6-7 years ago when he was in NYC.
This sucks big time, I hope his family is OK. RIP Maxim.
Post by Wojciech Mamrak
Hello all,
I have been informed by an anonymous user of Russian Software
Developer Network forum (thank you mate, whoever you are) that Maxim
Shemanarev, author of AGG library, has died on 26th of November 2013.
See below links for more information.
I thought it would be good to honor the memory of Maxim in some way,
e.g. on agg's sourceforge website. Also, it would be a shame if his
website disappeared, we owe him that, but I am not sure whether we can
do anything more than a copy of it.
Requiescat in pace, Maxim!
http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http://rsdn.ru/forum/life/5377743.flat
Post by Wojciech Mamrak
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into
your
Tonko Juricic
2013-11-30 03:33:33 UTC
One of the smartest and nicest guy I met virtually.  Max, thank you and may your spirit live forever.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Francesco
2013-11-30 14:39:38 UTC
I was always hoping that one day Maxim will come back to reply to one of
our emails or may be to write another article but now we all know that
he rest in peace far from our little occupations.

His work on the AGG library was exceptional in many respects. Many of us
didn't know him personally but in some way we came to know him a little
bit through his work that he chose to share with the community.

Goodbye Maxim
Stefano Zaglio
2013-12-01 21:29:56 UTC
I join in the displeasure at the loss of a talent that I would call
artistic.
He leaves a great contribution to the development.